It seems that the time has passed when girls had to humbly wait for a man to make the first move. Now you will not surprise anyone with a woman who is ready to fight for her happiness. At the same time, the judgment that men have relaxed a little also becomes relevant. But many are willing to explain this behavior. So what is the right thing to do for both sexes to find love and who makes the first move?
We will not judge anyone and give a guide to action. However, we will tell you how things are now in the world of dating, and try to at least slightly convince those who are afraid of making the very first step.
It seems that it used to be easier to meet your half some time ago., even though we lacked gadgets, the Internet, and a million places to hang out in the city. Almost every person who is in an “active search” will tell you that it is quite difficult to find someone for a serious relationship. There was a reassessment of the values and roles of men and women in society. If previous generations believed that only a man should take the initiative, now everything has changed. It is already absolutely normal for us that a girl is the first to show interest.
When we like someone, we feel an inner uplift. We start thinking about moving to the next level in our relationship with this person, but we want this process to go as smoothly as possible. The stronger your feelings are, the more likely you will do or say something wrong. It is quite difficult to take the first step (both for a girl and a young man), but this article will help you with this. Let’s see how you can realize when it’s time to make the first move, how to do it, and how to take the first step in online dating.
How to understand that it’s time to make the first step?
Pay attention to body language that can tell you more than words. Only 7% of our daily communication comes from words. 55% of our communication takes place in body language. Before taking the first step, pay attention to body language – a long look or concerned facial expressions – to determine if you get a positive response.
A woman can strip some parts of her body (like neck or wrists). She may also be constantly touching her hair. She can touch or lean against you.
The man gives more explicit and bold signals. He may rest his hand on the back of your chair, gaze at you, or sit leaning over to you.
Communicate using body language. Send and receive the right signals. Your body language can tell the person that you like them. Smiling is the surest sign that someone is interested in you. Be sure to smile back to show that you like the person too.
Note that men and women mirror each other’s gestures. When someone smiles at us, we tend to smile back. If the person you like copies your gestures, then that’s great. If not, copy the person’s gestures to connect with them.
Be open and honest. It does not mean that you need to tell another person all the details about your life the first time you talk. Be open and honest when talking about the characteristics you are looking for in a partner. By doing so, you can prove that you are a confident person. You will let another person learn about your life position and your point of view on different things.
Create a romantic setting. Plan a romantic date ahead of time and arrange it in an intimate setting. Instead of going to a movie or restaurant, cook dinner and invite your object of affection to your home. The idea is to create a comfortable yet romantic atmosphere.
How to make the first move
When you realize you are ready to take the first step, every tiny detail matters. Most likely, you will need to plan everything ahead of time. The following tips should come in handy to you when you decide to take the first step.
- Offer to spend time together. Don’t make the first step very obvious, like asking the question, “Will you go on a date with me?” You’d better invite the person you like to a cafe or restaurant (if you are both foodies) or to a movie (if he / she likes to watch movies). If your passion shows interest, take action. You shouldn’t say things like: “Someday we will definitely go to the cinema,” rather say: “This film is shown in the nearest cinema at 7 pm. Would you like to watch it?”
- Be bold. Sometimes a straightforward approach is the best option. If signals from a person you like indicate mutual interest, ask them directly. But don’t be assertive or aggressive. If you are too assertive, you can scare away the object of your affection.
- Invite the person to an event. If you’re still shy, invite the person you like to a crowded place like a bar, sports event, or party. This way you can relax and chat a little.
- Start with a kiss. For some, it’s as difficult as asking someone out on a date. Relax and be confident (but not aggressive). Maintain eye contact, pause your conversation when your faces get closer, and make sure your partner doesn’t mind kissing. Take your time and make sure your partner is ready for the next steps. Light body touches will not only reveal your intentions but also give you an idea of your partner’s desires. Make decisions about physical intimacy in a sober mind, that is, not in a state of intoxication.
- Take your time to give your partner time to say no to you. Everything should be done with mutual consent. If the person is not ready for physical intimacy, respect their wishes.
- Get ready for safe sex. To do this, buy condoms in advance (both men and women should have them). It’s great to enjoy each other during sex, but it’s always important to remember about protection.
- Think about the development of your relationship, perhaps you may find yourself in a unicorn dating, why not?
Dating online? Following these easy steps
Online dating is on the rise today. If you have met a special person on the web, you will have a desire to take the first step and do it right. The following steps will come in handy to you when you meet the object of your affection on online dating platforms.
- Many people argue about who should take the first step – a man or a woman. There is no consensus on this issue. In the modern world, both men and women can take the first step when they feel like doing so.
- Don’t be in a hurry. Start slowly and listen to what your partner has to say.
- Don’t tell anyone that you can’t be trusted. It’s especially important to sound reliable when you chat with a person online.
- In the event of a negative reaction from the person, just remain friends and continue communication.
- Stay confident. Sometimes, in order to achieve something, you need to step out of your own comfort zone.
Enough said. Let’s get straight to business. Choose the right strategy and take the first step!